Ways to Implement FORMED
Use FORMED in the Classroom/Reverse Classroom
Here are several ways to supplement your curriculum with FORMED.
Use the search engine on FORMED to find content by subject. FORMED has a powerful search engine, put in any topic, key word, speaker, or author. Some search words could be:
- Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, Mary, The Saints
- Apologetics, The Bible
- Conversion Stories
- Divine Mercy, Easter, Christmas
- Sacraments, Eucharist, Baptism, Confession, Confirmation
- Chastity, Pro Life
- Parenting, Prayer
Teach Parents how to subscribe to FORMED
The beginning of the school or Religious Ed year is a great time to teach parents how to subscribe to FORMED.
- Use a FORMED Parent Letter similar to this with written instructions how to subscribe and also how to download the FORMED app.
- Invite techy teens to assist during the parish meeting for service hours.
- Give parents 2-3 FORMED content suggestions to add to ‘My List’ for easy access later.
Learning with Faith
Bring the Bible into the classroom or home.
- Download the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible New Testament
- Listen to our Truth and Life Bible audio-dramatization – kids love this!
- Read aloud Bible Stories for Little Children
- Make bible stories come to life with animated videos
- Encourage families to read together at home with ebooks for kids and teens
Pray together for our church and for the world.
- Devotionals including Rosary, Divine Mercy Chaplet, Way of the Cross
- Presence focus on the Eucharist since many Masses are cancelled
- Lectio: Prayer, using the discipline of Lectio Divina to show you how to make prayer an effective effort of love and intimacy.
- Opening the Word, short videos offering prayer and insights for the Sunday Readings.
- FORMED Daily Reflections – short daily videos, subscribe to a daily email at https://formed.org/daily